40Digits is growing and in need of a motivated, responsible systems administrator to maintain our web servers, revision control, and deployment processes. While the candidate will work closely with the technical director to meet requirements, the work will be primarily self-directed with almost full control of the end solution given to the candidate.
This is initially a contracting position, but there is potential for full time employment as we continue to grow. The candidate must be in the US, and is ideally available from 9-5 CST with experience working remotely.
- Ability to learn, adapt and communicate.
- Expert knowledge of Linux.
- Expert in developing solutions for systems monitoring, deployments, continuous integration, etc.
- Thoroughly understand networks, security, load balancers, DNS and other infrastructure components.
- Experienced in release and change management, incident and problem management both from a technology and process perspective.
- Experienced in supporting LAMP stack, node.js, Python, Ruby on Rails, probably more down the road.
- Experienced in Git, SVN.
- Experienced in supporting production applications.
- Experienced in caching solutions for popular CMSes, especially WordPress.
- Familiar with penetration testing and intrustion detection systems.
- Above average programming skills.
- Experienced in scrum and agile and being embedded in development team in a DevOps role.
- Software development background is a big plus.
- Familiar with Microsoft IIS and .NET development.
Email your resume and contract rate to email@example.com. We will contact you if your skills and experience appear to be a good fit.
40Digits is an equal opportunity employer.